As an event organiser, you’ll work from an office but you’ll also undertake some travelling as you may often need to visit different venues, suppliers, and clients.
Event Planning & Management
Participating in an event planning internship typically involves learning communication and people skills, and have a knack for solving problems creatively. If working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines are a problem for you, you may want to reconsider. You will probably be working a lot on your own, but at times you may be part of a larger team. You should possess good attention to detail and be able to work within a budget.
Participating an event planning and management internship typically involves working on different areas such as:
- event management companies
- conference & exhibition venues
- leisure facilities
Most of the time you’ll be working normal hours, but as the deadlines for your events approach, you may be working round-the-clock. And remember, it’s possible you’ll be planning multiple events at one time, each with their own deadlines and schedules.
Event planning & management industry guide
What projects, tasks and responsibilities ?
There are many different projects that you could be asked to work on. Our main objective will be to tailor the projects to your interest and background. In addition to creating storyboards for advertisements, you might be responsible for the visualizations and concept developments for famous parties and events.
Event planning is the process of planning a festival, ceremony, competition, party, or convention. Event planning includes budgeting, establishing dates and alternate dates, selecting and reserving the event site, acquiring permits, and coordinating transportation and parking.
Event planning also includes some or all of the following, depending on the event:
– developing a theme or motif for the event; – arranging for speakers and alternate speakers; – coordinating location support (such as electricity and other utilities), arranging decor, tables, chairs, tents, event support and security, catering, police, fire, portable toilets, parking, signage, emergency plans, health care professionals, and cleanup.
Sample of company offering event planning internship opportunities .
We have placed students at companies such as Riviera Events, Kino Corp, Jade Set, Havas Group, Pivot Marketing, Publicis Events, Elysiants, HK Exhibition Center & Urban Monk
Sample event internship project
- Developing a theme or motif for the event;
- Arranging for speakers and alternate speakers;
- Coordinating location support (such as electricity and other utilities), arranging decor, tables, chairs, tents, event support and security, catering, police, fire, portable toilets, parking, signage, emergency plans, health care professionals, and cleanup
Choose your Destination
- Available all-year round
- Flexible start date and length
- All-inclusive Programs
Event Internship Opportunities
- Riviera Events
- Kino Corp
- Jade Set
- Havas Group
- Maya Events
- Midas PR
- Pivot Marketing
- Publicis Events
- HK Exhibition Center
- Urban Monk
Mr. Jerome Le Carrou and Mr. William Toh, directors at Next Step Connections (NSC) were…
On February 25, 2015, two delegates from Next Step Connections (NSC), the founder, Jerome Le…
In 2015, Next Step Connections will be continuing its China University roadshow led by NSC's…
Next Step Connections actively participated in the "Global Experience" NUS career fair 2015 at the beautiful lush…