As employment of architects is projected to grow faster than the average for all occupations through 2018. Prospective architects may face competition for positions at prestigious firms. To increase your chances of getting an internship after graduation, you should gain career-related experience in an architectural firm while still in school. Those who know CAD technology will also have an advantage.
Participating in an architecture Internship typically involves working at architecture firms, construction, and planning companies. You might work as an assistant project manager and work alongside qualified professionals on urban, landscape, residential, or commercial projects. Architecture internships may comprise all design activity from the macro-level (urban design, landscape).
Participating a architecture & planning internship typically involves working at architecture firms and construction companies. You might work as:
- Assistant project manager and work alongside qualified professionals on urban, landscape, residential or commercial projects
- Architecture internships may comprise all design activity from the macro-level (urban design, landscape).
Architecture Internship Opportunity
- GHP Architects
- Tesco Construction
- Farell, Rudolph & Qube Architecture
Sample architecture project
- On a typical day you will:
- Help discuss the objectives, requirements, and budget of a project;
- Help provide various predesign services which may include conducting feasibility and environmental impact studies, selecting a site, or specifying the requirements the design must meet;
- Help prepare drawings and present ideas for the client to review;
- Help develop final construction plans that show the building's appearance as well as details for its construction;
- Help make necessary changes throughout the planning process
- Available all-year round
- Flexible start date and length
- All-inclusive Programs
Still deciding? Our Alumni are the best source of inspiration
Gina Ratcliffe (UK, 2010), Nottingham Trent University (NTU), Architecture & planning internship in ShanghaiGHP Architecture & Planning Design
The project I am working on was a large scale redevelopment of an old factory building involving office, exhibition, leisure, landscape and furniture design. I am heavily involved in all aspects of the design to date. The level of responsibility I have been given has surpassed my expectations. I hope to be able to see the project through to completion before the end of my internship My internship here has also heightened my ambition to work abroad after I graduate. Perhaps within Europe. Alternatively I am eager to work within another rapidly developing city.