Event Planning & Management Internship
Participating in an event planning internship typically involves learning communication and people skills, and have a knack for solving problems creatively. If working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines are a problem for you, you may want to reconsider. You will probably be working a lot on your own, but at times you may be part of a larger team. You should possess good attention to detail and be able to work within a budget.
Participating an event planning and management internship typically involves working on different areas such as:
- event management companies
- conference & exhibition venues
- leisure facilities
As event organizer, you’ll work from an office but you’ll also undertake some travelling as you may often need to visit different venues, suppliers, and clients. Most of the time you’ll be working normal hours, but as the deadlines for your events approach, you may be working round-the-clock. And remember, it’s possible you’ll be planning multiple events at one time, each with their own deadlines and schedules.
Event planning & management industry guide
There are many different projects that you could be asked to work on. Our main objective will be to tailor the projects to your interest and background. In addition to creating storyboards for advertisements, you might be responsible for the visualizations and concept developments for famous parties and events.
Event planning is the process of planning a festival, ceremony, competition, party, or convention. Event planning includes budgeting, establishing dates and alternate dates, selecting and reserving the event site, acquiring permits, and coordinating transportation and parking.
Event planning also includes some or all of the following, depending on the event:
- developing a theme or motif for the event; - arranging for speakers and alternate speakers; - coordinating location support (such as electricity and other utilities), arranging decor, tables, chairs, tents, event support and security, catering, police, fire, portable toilets, parking, signage, emergency plans, health care professionals, and cleanup.
We have placed students at companies such as Riviera Events, Kino Corp, Jade Set, Havas Group, Pivot Marketing, Publicis Events, Elysiants, HK Exhibition Center & Urban Monk
Event Internship Opportunities
- Riviera Events
- Kino Corp
- Jade Set
- Havas Group
- Maya Events
- Midas PR
- Pivot Marketing
- Publicis Events
- HK Exhibition Center
- Urban Monk
Sample event internship project
- Developing a theme or motif for the event;
- Arranging for speakers and alternate speakers;
- Coordinating location support (such as electricity and other utilities), arranging decor, tables, chairs, tents, event support and security, catering, police, fire, portable toilets, parking, signage, emergency plans, health care professionals, and cleanup
- Available all-year round
- Flexible start date and length
- All-inclusive Programs
Still deciding? Our Alumni are the best source of inspiration.
Latoya Suggs (United States, 2010), Wright State University, Event planning internship in Shanghai
Next Step Connection was a really great program, I have learned a lot about being here in Shanghai, China. I have gotten to know a lot of people. From locals to visitors. This program has helped me broaden my horizon when it comes to the international experience.