Finance & Accounting Internship
Finance industry encompasses a broad range of organizations that manage money, banks, insurance companies, accountancy companies, consumer finance companies and investment funds enterprises.
Participating in a finance Internship typically involves learning an unique set of skills; it’s ideally suited for you if you are outgoing and inquisitive by nature. You’ll make use of your mathematical aptitude and ability to take your organization’s or client’s goals, resources, and options into consideration while making your suggestions for their continued financial growth.
We typically work with mid-size local and international companies and this is an area where internship opportunities can be influenced by your GPA, previous professional success and language capabilities. Please check our eligibility requirements below for more information.
LinkedIn: Check finance industry’ companies currently operating in Asia
Participating an internship in the finance industry typically involves working with companies in different areas such as:
- Corporate Finance;
- Financial Services;
- Venture Capital & Private Equity;
- Insurance (Actuarial science);
- Investment Banking;
- Investment Management
- Finance Bonds Trading
Finance Internship Opportunities
- Finance Asia
- Burgeon Consulting Group,
- Mega Global Capital Management
- ES Orient Capitlal Group
- OSK investment bank
- Etoile Consultants
- the HK Venture Capital Association
- HK ASRIA
- Mandiri Bank
- Bright ventures
Sample Internship description
- Lead the execution of port-industrial zone projects as well as research, analysis, and target identification for several industries in India;
- Conduct financial analysis on a plantation in Brazil for biodiesel, and determined project's NPV (net present value);
- Conduct due diligence on US solar companies;
- Screen private equity and venture capital firms in India for prospective investors in clean tech projects;
- Draft investment memo and work with legal counsel on edits;
- Compile presentations for fundraising efforts;
- Develop a business planning and consolidation software for an investment holding client firm;
- Private equity fund and retail event project for a fund management firm;
- Reverse mergers;
- Help local companies get listed in the US stock markets, or help Chinese companies that are already listed in the US stock market get more financing;
- Write case studies based on comprehensive research of domestic Chinese companies (Financial Services)
- Collaborate with research team to obtain and utilize research reports (Financial Services);
- Generate domestic firm and industry reports for internal distribution. These reports would aid in the evaluation of each domestic firm and/or industry for the benefit of analysts and advisors (Financial Services);
- Develop first-hand knowledge on the inner-workings of a globalized bank as well as an understanding of the dynamic intricacies and compliance requirements of the Chinese banking industry (Financial Services).
- Available all-year round
- Flexible start date and length
- All-inclusive Programs
Still deciding? Our Alumni are the best source of inspiration.
Christopher Zul (United States, 2012), Rowan University, global transactions internship in financial services industryCiti Group
I would say that Next Step Connections is great for a foreigner that does not speak any Chinese and needs a program to help facilitate them and guide them while interning in Shanghai. Next Step Connections was very helpful and encouraging.