As employment of architects is projected to grow faster than the average for all occupations through 2018. Prospective architects may face competition for positions at prestigious firms. To increase your chances of getting an internship after graduation, you should gain career-related experience in an architectural firm while still in school. Those who know CAD technology will also have an advantage.
Participating a architecture & planning internship typically involves working at architecture firms and construction companies. You might work as:
Assistant project manager and work alongside qualified professionals on urban, landscape, residential or commercial projects
Architecture internships may comprise all design activity from the macro-level (urban design, landscape).
Sample Architecture Project :
On a typical day you will:
- Help discuss the objectives, requirements, and budget of a project;
- Help provide various predesign services which may include conducting feasibility and environmental impact studies, selecting a site, or specifying the requirements the design must meet;
- Help prepare drawings and present ideas for the client to review;
- Help develop final construction plans that show the building’s appearance as well as details for its construction;
- Help make necessary changes throughout the planning process
The time I’ve spend in Shanghai was great. Excellent internship, had good moments in the city and overall I’ve made some good friends.
NSC interns have been involved and worked on the following projects:
- Working at the hotel reception desk processing bookings, cancellations, and guest inquiries.
- Responsible for coordinating activities with the restaurants and kitchen for the food and beverage department.
- Liaising with reservation, maintenance, and housekeeping departments in order to complete set tasks.
- Understanding contract rates and allotments with travel agents, wholesalers, and inbound bookings.
- Managing the creative English content of the hotel website.
Internship tasks will vary from company to company, as well as intern to intern. These are only examples of tasks that were carried out from previous interns.
LAND MORE THAN JUST AN INTERNSHIP!
Not only are our internship placements completely customizable, but also the experience we provide outside of the workplace.