Marketing & Advertising
The great thing about participating in a Marketing & Advertising internship is that it is a function that is needed in every company and industry, so career potential is unlimited.
Marketing and advertising interns are wanted all year round (summer internship, during university terms, post-graduation internships).
- Marketing is the process by which companies create customer interest in products or services. It generates the strategy that underlies sales techniques, business communication, and business development. It is an integrated process through which companies build strong customer relationships and create value for their customers and for themselves. A placement in this sector is not only challenging, but should be regarded as an excellent opportunity to learn about strategy, branding techniques, evolving media, and account coordinating.
- Advertising typically involves working on developing your own “unique selling proposition” to communicate your own unique qualities. It’s not enough that you are interested in advertising or that you made the dean’s list eight times or that you wrote for the school newspaper. So did most of your competition. You have to connect what you’ve done in the past, in a unique way, to what you will do for the agency in the future. Developing an advertising strategy gets your commitment, imagination, and analytical thinking out in the limelight. An advertising internship in China, Hong Kong or Singapore is not only challenging, but should be regarded as an excellent opportunity to learn about strategy, branding techniques, evolving media and account coordinating
Participating a Marketing & Advertising internship in Asia typically involves working on different areas such as:
- Advertising Development
- New Production Introductions
- Competitive Analysis
- Market Research
- Consumer Promotions
- Packaging Development
- Demand evaluations
- Positioning for consumer goods
- Creating story boards for advertisements visualizations
- Concept developments for famous brands
Sample Internship Project
- Working on a full marketing & creative project for a healthcare brand
Program was good! I learned a lot from work and I’m glad I took this because it helped me grow more as an individual. I’ve met so many awesome people!
NSC interns have been involved and worked on the following projects:
- Working at the hotel reception desk processing bookings, cancellations, and guest inquiries.
- Responsible for coordinating activities with the restaurants and kitchen for the food and beverage department.
- Liaising with reservation, maintenance, and housekeeping departments in order to complete set tasks.
- Understanding contract rates and allotments with travel agents, wholesalers, and inbound bookings.
- Managing the creative English content of the hotel website.
Internship tasks will vary from company to company, as well as intern to intern. These are only examples of tasks that were carried out from previous interns.
LAND MORE THAN JUST AN INTERNSHIP!
Not only are our internship placements completely customizable, but also the experience we provide outside of the workplace.