Public Relations & Communications
The Next Step Connections internship programs provides undergraduate & graduate students with guaranteed internship placement for PR internship in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai Bangkok and Indonesia.
Though some colleges offer a degree in public relations, most industry professionals agree it’s unnecessary. Since public relations requires familiarity with a wide variety of topics, a broad education is the best preparation. Or, as one PR person put it “if you can write a thesis on Dante, you should be able to write a press release.” Internships are a common way to get some practical experience and break into the field.
Sample PR Internship
- ‘Can do’ attitude needed as the project will require ‘out of the box’ thinking to create a full-fledge PR campaign for a leading fashion brand
My overall internship experience definitely exceeded my expectations. From the company I worked for to the adventures I had outside the office, Hong Kong is the place for balancing work with play. I definitely recommend this to anyone getting experience abroad.
NSC interns have been involved and worked on the following projects:
- Working at the hotel reception desk processing bookings, cancellations, and guest inquiries.
- Responsible for coordinating activities with the restaurants and kitchen for the food and beverage department.
- Liaising with reservation, maintenance, and housekeeping departments in order to complete set tasks.
- Understanding contract rates and allotments with travel agents, wholesalers, and inbound bookings.
- Managing the creative English content of the hotel website.
Internship tasks will vary from company to company, as well as intern to intern. These are only examples of tasks that were carried out from previous interns.
LAND MORE THAN JUST AN INTERNSHIP!
Not only are our internship placements completely customizable, but also the experience we provide outside of the workplace.